Thursday, March 1, 2012

This Challenge is Really A Challenge


First cardio workout of the new week.  The thing that got me excited the most was the fact that I wasn’t getting on the treadmill.  For the next 4 weeks, the Stairmaster will be my new best friend.  I’ve regularly exercised on the Stairmaster however the interesting thing is that I’ve never gotten used to this machine.  Yes I hate the treadmail but could it be that the Stairmaster was just as unfriendly?

The answer to the questions was a resounding yes.  I was almost fully exhausted after only first two minutes.  And just think, I still had 18 more minutes to go! If this is the case than the next 4 weeks are going to be just as grueling as the first. Somehow I managed not to fall of the machine but I was way to exhausted to even have any thoughts to write about.  Maybe I’ll just continue tomorrow.

So I'm back from yesterday's workout and today was my Lower Body Workout.  As you know I teach a spinning class, two days a week so one of my concerns is that my legs will get bigger than they already are.  However I know that you can’t just spot take off weight.  Coupled with the fact that the legs are the biggest portion of my body, I must constantly work them if I want this weight off of my body.  I also have my mini challenge in the back of my mind…which is to constantly challenge myself.

With all that in mind I set out to do my morning workout.  Let’s just say…mission accomplished!  By the time I finished my calf routine, my legs felt like jelly.  And to think I still had abs to do!  I must have been slacking last week because for some reason my new ab routine was extremely difficult! 

Wow for the first three days of the fifth week, I’m beat and sore.  Not that it’s a bad thing but these new routines make my previous workouts seem like a cakewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment