Thursday, March 22, 2012

Clothes Surprise!


Last night I didn’t get enough sleep.  This has been an ongoing challenge for me and I really thought I’d gotten better at going to bed a decent time.  Clearly last night was not one of those nights.  I knew I was bad and I knew I would be in trouble when the alarm went off at 5 this morning.

Why didn’t I go to bed earlier?  Part of the reason happened as I was laying out my clothes for today.  I was looking at the back of my closet at the clothes that I had abandoned for the last few years. Hey I wonder if any of these fit?  Cautiously, I pulled out what I called my “incentive clothing”.  You know the ones.  The clothes that you can’t quite give away.  The ones that you just know will fit again someday.  I tried on a few things.  THEY FIT!!!!  Naturally that meant I had to try on all of the items that I had long ago tucked away. I even pulled out some stuff that was so small for me that I had resigned myself to give away.

The results? Almost everything fit. I clearly still have some work to do but I took this as a real sign that by the end of the next few weeks, I can accomplish my goal.  The shallowness in me set of goal of fitting into a specific pair of shorts.  While I was able to get them on, I still need to work hard to accomplish this goal.  Just 7 weeks ago, I couldn’t get those pants past my thighs.  I’m still patting myself on the back.  And that’s why I went to bed late last night!

As tired as I was, I managed to pull myself out of bed and make it to the gym however my upper body workout was more challenging than ever. I struggled through my chest exercises trying to remind myself not focus on the reps but to work on my form.  Hitting those 10s was just a little out of my reach today.  I think being tired didn’t allow me to think as clearly as I should’ve and I slacked off a bit.  I didn’t push as hard as I really could have.  By the time I reached my biceps I was spent.  I couldn’t complete the final reps without taking a break.  Disappointing but I can’t beat myself up.  I realize that I can’t have perfect days everyday.CloCl1`````

No comments:

Post a Comment