Friday, March 9, 2012

Week in Review


Monday was a lower body workout day.  I didn’t think it was too bad until I got to the abs portion of my routine.  I must’ve picked some really challenging ab workouts for this 4 weeks because I’m finding it very difficult to make it through the to the end of the cycle.  I’m pushing extremely hard.  All I can say is that I better see a washboard stomach at the end of my 12 weeks!

On Tuesday, I was back on the stairmaster!  In the mornings, this has now become a very popular machine.  My gym has about 30 treadmills and 30 elliptical machines but only 4 stairmasters (of course one has been broken for several weeks).  Part of my challenge is to time my arrival to the gym at a time that will let me get onto one of these coveted machines without having to wait.

Usually two of the machines are used by a husband and wife team so that only leaves one additional machine to fight for.  Fortunately knowing this, I been able to hop out bed, get myself ready and get to the gym to grab a machine.  Talk about an incentive not to dawdle in the bed!  What a big change from the beginning of the challenge when I would hit snooze multiple times before I could drag myself out of bed.  I like this change.

Today, I was extremely tired.  I’ve been trying to get more sleep but last night I was up entirely too late and so now I must pay the price.  I was barely able to keep my eyes open during Jeopardy! So it was an early night for me! 

On Wednesday, I woke up before the alarm this morning.  I guess it was an early to bed early to rise kind of day.  Let me just say what a killer my upper body workout was.  I really pushed myself.  Although I haven’t added any new weights, I’m really working to hit my 10s  I’m finding that as I work each muscle group I forget how hard the previous muscle group was hit.  I guess that’s good to keep me working out.

I don’t know if it was lack of sleep or increased intensity on the stair master but Thursday morning was a really difficult workout to get through. 

I forgot my meals which meant I was way off schedule for my nutrition.  In the morning I typically drink a Myoplex Lite shake as soon as I’m done my workout and a couple hours later I have breakfast and then head to work.  Since I had had two meals I was doing okay but how was I going to get through the rest of the day?

My office is located in an area where there are tons of quick fast food joints and at first my thought was to do as they say on Project Runway, “Make it work!” but then I realized there was a Rite Aid not too far.  Fortunately, I was able to pick up some ready to go shakes and also grabbed some bars just in case this forgetfulness happens again.  Although I vow not to let it!

I know I’m only in my 6th week and I have lost some weight, but why do I still have a belly?




No comments:

Post a Comment