Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Am I fit yet... at least I fake it well!


Stairmaster! Enough said.  I did it and I beat it. I’ve come to the final conclusion that I dislike the stairmaster as much as I dislike the treadmill.  It’s amazing how 20 minutes can seem so much harder than the 37 – 46 minutes of lifting that I do.  I think, wow, I only have to work 20 minutes but each of those minutes seem like hours.  It’s like being a person who watches the clock at work. 

It’s funny though.  I’ve been watching the “in-shape” people on the cardio machines and I see how hard they are working or how fast they are going and I wonder, “Are any of them watching me?”  Since I’ve been going to the gym regularly, I’m seeing the same people everyday.  I don’t really know any of them but I’ve gotten in the habit of saying good morning to people so I’m sure they recognize me as I have noticed them. 

Now that I’ve lost a few pounds I wonder if people are looking at me like I look at the ones that I’ve crowned as being “superfit” Sure, I’m no way near what they’ve achieved but I’m on my way.  With this thought in mind though, I think that I must keep up my pace and intensity because I want them to believe that I’m working just as hard as they are.  It’s like when you suck in you gut when you think everyone’s watching you but exhale as soon as they look away.  This is exhausting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment