Monday, March 26, 2012

Moment of Truth


Wow the beginning of week 8! I’m almost 2/3rds done! Lower body workout today was good.  My legs hate me!  It was a wonderful gym day.  It wasn’t too crowded, people had put the weights back where they belonged and the loud group that usually works out in the mornings while I’m there were low in numbers.

The one thing I was dreading was getting on the scale.  I normally check my weight after I teach my spinning class.  All day, I was thinking maybe I shouldn’t eat anything but that was just a stupid idea.  I don’t want to deprive myself of the energy and nutrients my body needs because I was a little afraid of the number on the scale.

When the moment of truth arrived, I approached the scale with caution.  There was a guy in front of me.  “I don’t think it’s working,” he said as he looked at the monitor, which appeared to be dead.  Of course I had to check for myself and hopped up.  Yep, it was dead.  Reprieve!  I’ll just weigh myself in the morning.  Don’t we weigh less in the am?  Maybe that’s a good thing.

I went to take my shower and get ready to go home.  Once I was done, surprise!  The scale was miraculously working again.  Steeling myself, I got on.  The good news was I hadn’t gained any weight however I was only down 1.2 pounds.  At least I was down. I had hoped to be down 2 pounds so I fell .8 pounds from my goal.  When I say it like that it doesn’t sound so bad.  I know I shouldn’t focus so much on the scale but that’s what I do.  At least the number went down not up!

No comments:

Post a Comment