Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Good Day


After a good day yesterday, I was determined that today would be just as terrific.  As the alarm interrupted me from my dream state, I paused for only a moment before hopping out of bed.  It’s cardio day so I couldn’t procrastinate if I wanted to be one of the lucky few who got to use the Stairmaster this morning.  Did I really say lucky few?  I must be crazy!  Success!  I was the first one there so the Stairmaster was mine!

Today that Stairmaster was no match for me! I upped my speed and set out for my 20 minute journey.  I really pushed myself and I felt good when I finished.  When I looked at the monitor, it said that I have covered 3.26 miles.  Wow about a 5K!  Remember my goal is to run a 5K fairly soon so I took this as a sign of encouragement.

Since I’ve been back on BFL, my eating habits have gotten back on track.  Sure sometimes my cooking can be hit or miss but at least I’m not running out for lunch eating the wrong things just eating too much.  One of my favorite meals is baked salmon with veggies and a sweet potato.  If it’s a salmon day, I usually have as a lunch meal and it’s really something to look forward to during the middle of the day.

My coworkers are now eyeing my lunch and they can’t believe that something really healthy can taste delicious.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment