Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheat Day #2


Today I had friends over for game night.  I made turkey burgers and was pretty good nutrition wise.  I did cheat a little by eating a few pre-dinner snacks and a tiny piece of cake.  My neighbor brought over dessert for the group. 

I’ve made the decision to tell others that I’m doing BFL.  Their reaction seems to be either that of words of encouragement or temptation to stray off the program.  It’s surprising that some people react negatively to wanting to change.  I think that’s the hard part of the program.  Some days being on the program is a struggle….trying to motivate yourself to get to the gym; trying to stay on your nutrition plan, etc.  That’s why it’s important to surround yourself by people who are supportive.  It’s the ones who develop a negative attitude about what you are trying to accomplish or trying to derail you that are big roadblocks that are sometimes hard to breakthrough.

I faced both reactions today during game night. It’s weird to see some people who do not want to see you succeed that you consider friends.  I don’t really think they mean to be hurtful but it’s just hard to get past.  All I can say is that my success will prove them wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment