Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hard Work and Little Drama.


I’ve always kinda of dismissed my lower body workouts but I’ve made a conscious effort to treat them like my upperbody workouts and really commit to working just as hard.  Today I really felt like I accomplished my goal.  I think I mentioned that for these latest 4-weeks my exercises have been extremely challenging.  Well I certainly feel like my legs got a real workout this morning.  By the time I got to my ab exercises I was in a full sweat.  It was a heavy sweat.  So much so that I almost slid off the bench I was working on.  When I hit the last set of my abs I was breathing so heavy that the guy working out next to me looked concerned. In reality I was a little concerned too.  I know I’m going to be really sore tomorrow.  LOL

I was feeling pretty good and was looking for something to wear to work. I wonder if some pants would fit that were staring at me from my closet.  Mind you, it’s probably been 2 or 3 years since I’ve put them on.  I pulled them out and hesitated a little because I really didn’t want to be disappointed if they didn’t fit.  I slipped them on. No struggle, no problems, they fit as if those years had never slipped by.  I was so glad I hadn’t given them away like I originally planned.

Although I was dreading it, I went to work.  Things there haven’t improved but I’m determined to make the best of it. Afterall, I’ve very grateful that I have a job, I consider myself a team player and I still intend to give 100%.  But just like I’ve been assessing what physical changes I’d like to make during this 12 week transformation, I’m also thinking about what other transformations can I make throughout the other aspects of my life.  This self assessment has been pretty difficult for me and I’m not sure where I want to be yet but by the time I finish this first cycle I do know I want to be a happy healthier me!

I made it through work with little drama.  Sometimes that’s all we can hope for so that was a good thing.  As I was leaving, I heard someone call my name.  I turned around and it was some of the guys from the IT department. “Man, you have really dropped some weight!  What are you doing?” Wow, what a cool feeling!  Even though I know there have been changes, it’s hard for me to notice them and I think I’m my worst critic.  This really made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I was not a big leg person either but with time I have taken the same approach of treating like upper body. The good news is that as you build muscle it adds help to burn more fat! Keep up the good work. Those compliments seem to come at the right time.

    ReplyDelete