Sunday, March 25, 2012

Philadelphia Cheat Day


Yesterday was a just a regular day.  Ate well and did cardio.  Was a little frustrated but I’m happy I’m sticking with the program.  I’m also feeling good because I’m starting to feel better about myself.

Some friends and I took a quick weekend trip out of town.  It was nice to get away and I was looking forward to my cheat day.  Let me just say if you’re going to really cheat this was the way to do it!

The day started out innocently enough.  I split an egg white omelet (not even with cheese).  It was delicious.  Then a buddy said we had to go to this hot spot and try these Belgium waffles.  Mine were blueberry with dark chocolate sauce.  I had been craving a cupcake.  I don’t know why but we found this trendy cupcake shop and I got one.  My craving had now been satisfied.

What I didn’t mention was that our weekend trip was to Philadelphia and of course you can’t leave the city until you’ve had one of their famous cheesesteaks.  The residents will argue over their favorite places and we went right to the heart where two of the most beloved sit across the street from each other (Geno’s and Pat’s).  By the time we got there it was freezing but it didn’t stop the throngs of people from forming huge lines in front of both establishments.  We opted for Pats.  It was worth the wait.  As we noshed on our goodies, I couldn’t help but wonder how will this day affect me when I step on the scale.  Yikes!  We’ll see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment