Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Troubles at Work


Yesterday ended up being a very difficult day.  It wasn’t about working towards my BFL goals, at least that’s a positive thing in my life.  The problem was work.  For awhile I been getting the sense that things weren’t quite right.  I’m not quite sure how to deal with it because I don’t really have an advocate on my behalf.

I’m very fortunate to be employed during these tough economic times. Although I believe I have an excellent working relationship with my immediate supervisor, my relationship with his boss has always been tenuous at best.  Because I don’t have a good working relationship with him so I am at odds to figure out what to do next.

What’s disheartening is that my company has a procedure to set up goals and expectations of what’s expected over the upcoming year. Although I follow these procedures, my performance is based on entirely different standard of which I don’t know what it is because it’s coming from my boss’ boss.  When I asked what these new metrics were, his response was he doesn’t know.

That’s my dilemma, so now I don’t now what to do.  It’s as if I’m working in a hostile environment and I am working at the whim of someone that I don’t have a good relationship with.  I have no idea what is expected of me and on what standards I’m being judged.  Funny thing though is my ipod keeps popping up on Kelly Clarkson’s song “Stronger”. The chorus says, “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger stand a little taller…”  I know the song doesn’t relate to my circumstance but at least it’s a little encouragement.

Now with this on my mind, it’s hard to stay focused on anything else, yet I’m still in the middle of my BFL transformation.  I was able to make it through the rest of yesterday and still got up this morning to get on the treadmill.  I guess channeling my worries to this morning’s run was good for me.   I still feel good and am starting to finally notice some subtle changes in my body and how I feel.

I’m determined not to let this latest obstacle derail me from my progress and this will be the start of many positive things to come into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment