Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stairmaster? No. Treadmill? Yup!


I woke up this morning at 3 am because I had to go to the bathroom like crazy.  Pleasant way to start off, right?  I fell back to sleep but somehow I managed to turn off my alarm and needless to say I woke up late.  Only a half hour from my normal wake up time but that meant I had to hustle if I wanted to get on the stairmaster.

I made it to the gym within 15 minutes of my regular time but that was 15 minutes too late.  So that meant it was a treadmill day today.  I was so not looking forward to this. Naturally there were plenty of treadmills available so I guess that must’ve been a sign that I should run today. Now my decision was do I increase my pace or stay where I was last time I ran. I’m so competitive (even with myself) so I naturally decided to increase the pace.

Things were going only fantastically until I hit the thirteen minute mark and all of a sudden I was just tired.  I don’t know if it was my work issues, the interrupted sleep or the increased pace but I was really beat. I had come so far I didn’t want to alter my routine. 

I am a creature of habit.  Given the choice, I always pick the same treadmill to run on.  In front of the machine I usually run on is a mural of a man working out. Underneath him is the word POWER.  That’s the only thing I allowed myself to focus on to push through the last seven minutes of my run.  Talk about really hitting my 10s today.

No comments:

Post a Comment