Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little Rant


I’ve being saying for weeks how much I despised the treadmill. Well I do sort of miss it now because I’m finding the Stairmaster isn’t my friend either. One of my goals for this transformation is to constantly push myself.  That being said I upped the intensity as I started today’s cardio.  Let’s just say I was in full sweat mode just in the first two warm-up minutes. Today, those little voices were back louder than ever telling me to slow down, slack off or just quit.  I refused to listen. I managed to make it through but I’m too exhausted to write anything else!

New day!  New attitude! I got to the gym very exciting about my Upper Body Workout.  I have three gripes about my gym.  First they have no employees on the floor to help if you need a spotter so I’m a little leery sometimes about pushing myself because I don’t want to be stuck with a weight too heavy in case I can’t lift it.  That being said, I was still able to really push myself today and I clearly hit my 10s.  Another neat thing about today’s routine is that as I was working each body part I could actually feel the muscle working.  It’s a really cool feeling.

My second gripe about my gym is that members don’t put their weights away or if they do put them in the wrong places although there are signs up to put the weights back and the slots are clearly labeled.  As a result, on a particularly bad day (weights all over the gym floor or in wrong locations) my workout can take much longer than I originally planned because I have to hunt for the weights I need. Despite my issues, I still feel my workouts have been very productive.

Lastly some of the members don’t use the locker room.  They just leave their coats, bags and other stuff anywhere on the floor.  Then they look at you crazy if you ask them to move it in order to get to the gym equipment it’s blocking!  Some mornings I get so frustrated. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent.

So we’ve been having a Health Challenge at my office.  It’s to encourage all employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise and making the right choices.  They’ve even sponsored Weight Watchers which I think I’ve mentioned before.  I didn’t join the challenge but I think this year I plan to be included.  Today was the final results for last year.  A few months ago, I noticed that one of my co-workers had lost a lot of weight.  It wasn’t that he was really overweight but he was toning up and it really looked good on him.  Turns out, he was the winner of the challenge.  He tied with another woman in my office who has always looked pretty healthy so for her to win it was pretty much a given.  What was surprising was to see some of the runners up. As one of my close friends starts his sentences, “not to be rude but”, for some of these winners you would expect that you would see some results from a year’s worth of a fitness challenge.  Some of the winners experienced no change, didn’t feel healthier or were even bigger than at the start of their challenge.  That’s why I like doing the BFL challenge, regardless of how I do on the global level, I believe I will see some marked changes from the start to finish of the program and I hope people see changes in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment