Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Small Victories


Okay I’m starting out by saying I’m still failing at the sleep thing.  My goal is to get 8 hours of sleep but I’ve yet to make it.  So again, I’m shooting for small victories.  On the plus side, over the last few nights I’ve gotten 6 hours which is definitely up from the 4 – 5 hours I’ve been sleeping.  Another one of my goals was to drink more water.  Now this is one target I have hit. I keep a big cup on my desk and am filling it up 2 -3 times a day.  I’ve pretty much give up diet sodas.  I haven’t had a desire for one and I’ve thirstier over the last few days so water is the obvious choice.  The drawback has been increased visits to the bathroom. (smile)

My other goal for the week was to shoot for my 10s during my workouts.  Yesterday I really pushed to hit those levels.  What a difference a week makes.  Last week although I had a fairly decent lower body workout, it seemed like I was just going through the motions.  I felt good but not overly stressed and I wasn’t sore.  Today I’m sore.  Those extra pushes really worked.  I’m sore in muscles that have long been dormant.  It hurt so good!

I was wondering if I could transfer that same level of intensity to my cardio workout.  I’m not so sure that I’ve done that yet.  I will say that for each successive cardio workout, I’ve been able to increase my speeds throughout the entire time on my run. But I still believe there’s something holding me back. 

My mini goal for my next Cardio workout is to increase by 2 speeds through-out the entire course of my run. By the end of my transformation, I’d like to be able to maintain a 7 ½ minute mile.  I’m currently at almost a 9 minute mile.

One of the hard things for me about doing BFL is living in a household that is not participating.  I’ve been doing really well about structuring my meals and it’s really easy during the day but come nighttime it’s very challenging.  Case in point, I took out some salmon for dinner tomorrow now I’ve come to find out it’s been thrown into some sort of seafood chowder that’s supposed to be low cal.  I don’t want to complain and I appreciate the effort but I’m serious about sticking to the plan so I’m kinda of fanatical about preparing my own meals. I wonder how other people deal with this dilemma.  I don’t want to sound ungrateful but I like to be in control of everything that’s going to aid in my success.  This is one of the challenges I’m going to have to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment