Friday, February 17, 2012

A Change In Attitude


Last night my allergies kicked in at about 2 in the morning so I didn’t sleep well.  No matter I still got up and headed to the gym.  Today is cardio day and I must say that the treadmill and I are starting to be able to tolerate each other. It may just be the fact that I only have one more week of treadmill hell before I switch up my cardio routine.  I may actually miss the machine.  On the other hand let’s just wait and reserve judgment on that thought.

It’s nice to be able to sleep a little later even though my sleep was interrupted by the allergy attack.  Surprisingly, I didn’t have to wake up to the alarm and made it to the gym by my goal time…. 8 o’clock.  I was even early.  I’ve been feeling a little twinge in my knee so I was a little worried when I started the run however remembering my goal, I once again upped the starting pace. 

By the time I got to 10 minutes I could feel that twinge in my knee but I couldn’t decide if it was my mind playing tricks on me telling me to slow down or it’s really bothering me.  I pressed on.  My breathing wasn’t any more labored and other than my knee I felt really good.  By the last cycle, I increased the pace a little higher than my start and by the time I hit my 10 I was almost at a full out sprint.  I really felt great.  If my knee holds out, I can see those 5ks coming later this year.

Although I’m not really seeing a physical change in my appearance yet, I can definitely feel an emotional change in my attitude and approach to my transformation.  Initially I was approaching the mornings with dread and jealously (looking at others who have taken good care of themselves).  Now I’m look forward to working out and feel a little sense of accomplishment when the workout is over.  I’m even anticipating what other changes are in store.  This is an exciting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment