Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Nice Surprise!


Today was a lower body workout day.  I approached it with added determination because it was my last lower body workout of my first four weeks.  That means next week, I’ll be switching up my exercises.  In addition, I’ve been feeling a slight twinge in my knee and I’m determined not to do anything that’s going to make it worse and derail me off the BFL program.

With these things in mind, I was extremely careful but also focusing on power and reaching my 10s.  The one thing I’ve been feeling is that even though I’m working my legs my arms and shoulders are working as well especially as I was doing the dumbbell lunges and the straight leg deadlifts.  All in all I had a pretty good workout, I challenged myself and my knee is still feeling good.

Since it was casual day in my office, I reached for a pair of jeans.  To my surprise, I was able to get into a pair I hadn’t been able to wear in awhile.  What a wonderful surprise however when I look in the mirror, I still don’t really see any changes.  Oh well, I’ve got to stay focused and keep working.  After all, my jeans fit!!!!!!

This is one of the hardest things about the challenge.  I wish my progress would happen overnight.  But if that did, what would truly be my incentive to really work hard and push myself?

Later that evening, I met some friends for happy hour.  I know what you’re thinking but I went anyway. I drank water the entire evening.  My friends still haven’t gotten over the fact that I wasn’t downing cocktails hot and heavy like they were but they continued to wish me well on my BFL journey.  I actually am not missing the drinking as much as I thought I would.  Whether I stop altogether we’ll see what happens after I complete the twelve weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment