Friday, February 24, 2012

Yes I'm Still in the Challenge!


I guess it’s not always easy to express my thoughts on a daily basis that’s why I’ve missed a couple of days posting.  I think I expect major changes on a daily basis that way I’ll have something to write about or maybe discover some inner enlightenment but that hasn’t happened. 

I was actually excited for the treadmill that was my first cardio workout of the week.   I don’t know why but maybe it’s because next week, I move on to a different piece of cardio equipment.  Maybe I might even miss the treadmill for a while.  Somehow I doubt it!  The morning’s run was even better than before I was able to push myself even more and increased my pace.  I’m now average about a 8 ½ minute mile.  This is up from the 10 minute mile only 3 weeks ago.

The following day I was up in a flash.  I guess I’m starting to like these early morning workouts.  I have been getting much better at going to bed at a decent time and I find myself raring to go sometimes even before my alarm goes off.  I always look forward to the upper body workout days.  It was a good workout and I think I had the best meal selections for the day.  The one down side is that I’ve been drinking the prepared Myoplex Lite drinks instead of making it with the powder.  I prefer to mix them up myself but I ran out of the powder and the ready to drinks have been so much more convenient.  The one drink I do not like is the Myoplex Lite Carb Control.  It doesn’t mix well and there’s always lumps of chocolate in it.  Only three more left and it’s back to regular Myoplex Lite.  Now that drink I really like plus I get my daily chocolate fix which helps me say no to the decadent desserts that always seem to be passed around my workplace.

For my second cardio of the week, I was up even before the alarm went off.  Imagine that!  I made it to the gym in record time and even got a primo parking space right at the front of the gym.  I took all these positive signs to increase my pace again of the treadmill.  Although I wanted to stop or slow down, I pushed myself all the way to the end of twenty minutes. Now if only my body would change as fast as I’m adjusting to my workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment