Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weighing In. Week 1 Results


It seems that some days there are always obstacles in the way preventing you from hitting your goals.  The challenge then becomes what do you do?  Do you let these obstacles stop you or do you find ways around them?  That’s what you have to ask yourself when trouble comes your way.

I was sooo prepared this morning.  My meals were planned out and prepared for the day.  Even my last snack was ready.  I was going to the theater and I wanted to stay on track.  Workout was prepared.  With my added weekly challenge of hitting real 10s as I worked out, I was really looking forward to the gym.  Clothes were packed so I was all set.

Last night I told myself I was going to bed at a decent time however I putzed around and ending up getting into bed later than I wanted.  Naturally when the alarm when off, I played the snooze button like Pavlov’s dogs.  Everytime the buzzer sounded I slammed it off. Boy am I trained! Once I finally realized it was morning and that I finally got out of bed.  Did the morning prep, got packaged up my meals and clothes all the time thinking don’t forget anything.

I was patting myself on the back congratulating myself thinking even though I broke my sleep promise as well as hit the snooze a few too many times, I’m still making it to the gym on schedule.  No sooner than I finished my happy dance I realized I had forgotten my work shirt I! I couldn’t go to work shirtless (I’ve only completed Week1).  I had to go back home. Damn! Now what do I do?  See what I mean about obstacles?  It was like someone was telling me not to work out today, not to get on the scale and make it up tomorrow.  Don’t be late for work.

The devil on my shoulder said go home, get dressed and go to work.  If not you’ll be late.  However, the angel said remember you goals.  If you plan it right you’ll be okay.  I chose the latter.  Guess what?  It worked out better than I planned.  My lower body workout was amazing.  I really pushed myself to reach those 10s.  I was sweating and felt like I really had a successful workout. Score one for me.  However I forgot to track my start time so I don’t know how long my workout was.  I believe I took longer than I planned. Minus one for me.  The next step was to step on the scale.  Back in the locker room it was time for the moment of truth.  How did I do? Ding! Ding! Ding!  I was down 3.9 pounds! Score another point for me.  Net ….. I’m still up in points!

I was happy to see the movement.  Maybe this will work out for me again. (Smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment