Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pushing for Power


Technically, I wasn’t supposed to exercise today however I did it anyway.  I’ve decided to make today my first day of Week 3 (wow did I say Week 3?)  so I did any Upper Body Workout.

It’s amazing to see what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it!  For my chest, I’m doing dumbbell bench presses.  I told myself that if I found the weights too easy this week, I would move to higher weights on my second Upper Body Workout of the week.   I don’t know what happened but something triggered me to go right ahead and move up today and that’s exactly what I did. Panting and sweating, I pushed until I hit every rep.

It wasn’t all good though.  When I got to the dumbbell flyes I heeded the little voice inside my head telling me not to increase the weights.  Like a lemming, I followed suit.  It was still hard to get through the rep but could I’ve increased the weights even just five more pounds?  Probably so, I’ll let you know later this week.  I did the same thing with backs, triceps and biceps with each set of reps I increased the weights so I could really get a powerful workout. I didn’t have to do that my shoulders.  I’m still struggling with the pull-ups but at least I’m doing more and more.

The one thing I have noticed is that I am really exhausted by the end of the day.  I actually couldn’t stay up.  I guess that’s a good thing.  I’ve read and heard many studies about how lack of sleep promotes weight gain.  I did hop on the scale today.  I gained 2 pounds.  I know I shouldn’t be focusing on the scale but old habits die hard.  The bad thing is how the increase affected me.  Here I thought I’m doing the right thing but to see the scale move in the other direction is disheartening.  I’m still not going to give up.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment