Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mini Goals and Cardio is Done!


Today I was back on the treadmill.   I hate to admit it but I actually didn’t really hate it today.  Sure there were the Speedy Gonzales’ running at ridiculously fast paces but I didn’t let that deter me.

As I said before my goal is to be able to get my pace up.  Ultimately, there are a couple of 5Ks coming up in the summer/fall that I would like to participate in so forcing myself to run during my cardio days is an added incentive.  The last few I ran in left me so exhausted that I had to resign myself to spending a day in bed to recover.  This year, I want to be ready to take on the world and not collapse when the race is over!

When I got to the gym, my goal was to increase my intensity by 1 level. For me that means increasing my pace. Ignoring that voice again who was telling me to stay where I was a couple of days ago I set out on my mission.  For the first two minutes all was good then it came time to up the pace. I actually did it!  To conquer the twenty minutes I set mini goals. See if you can make it through the first cycle.  Next see if you go for a mile.  See if you can make it through the second cycle.  How about half way through the third cycle?  Approaching the four cycle, only two and half minutes left!  Hit your 10 and increase your speed!  Cool down!  Done.  I can’t stress enough how well setting mini goals work for me!

On the down side, I’m feeling a little twinge in my knee.  I have a brace on it and I’m being careful.  Let’s hope this won’t deter me.  My eye is on finishing my transformation.  I let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment