Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Temptations everywhere!


Well today was a rough day foodwise.  For lunch I baked some flounder that didn't really have any taste and wouldn't you know it?  Office mates brought all types of delicacies to tempt me.  First it was Rice Krispie Treats then Butterscotch Brownie Bites.  I was doing okay because they were not really in my view. You know what they say?  Out of sight, out of mind.  However they weren't moving fast enough so the treats were moved to a more conspicuous place....right in my line of sight.  Yet I still resisted.  I have a cheat day coming up at the end of the week plus I still have to weigh myself tonight.  

Later on in the afternoon, another coworker brought over still more temptations....artichoke spinach dip and seven layer dip… two of my absolute favorites.  As I sat there the aroma was almost getting the best of me.  Ate my apple and cottage cheese but I could still smell the forbidden treats. Really how bad are Rice Krispies and aren't there vegetables in artichoke spinach dip?  How bad could it really be?  However...I still resisted.  I think part of the reason was that I'm so focused on the end game.  

Not that I have any stronger willpower than anybody else.  I'm just trying to stay focused on being the best I can be.  If that means saying no on days like this than I'll just do it.  Why waste the good workout that I had this morning?  Besides I want my after pictures to look like after pictures not the same as the before pics!

Well I made it through the day none the worse for wear and since Monday evenings are now my weigh in day.  I hopped on the scale.  So how did I do? EXCELLENTLY!  After the blip last week of last week, I dropped 2.5 pounds.  What a nice start to the week.  I guess yesterday’s cheat day didn’t hurt me too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment