Monday, February 6, 2012

Cheat Day #2


Because I had such a busy day today, I decided for my cardio I would run outside.   Typically, I prefer to run on a treadmill because it helps keep me on track to raise my intensity level. So I was a little hesitant to take my workout outside. (Not that I really like the treadmill or to run as a matter of fact!)  I think the fear of slacking forced me to run a little harder.  I think I made up for my lack of speed increases as my run had a slight incline for about 3/4s of the run.  The other interesting thing about the run was that I was up at 5:30 to get my cardio on.  For the most part, I think my run gave me a good workout.

Nutrition wise was a whole different story.  I decided to use today as a cheat day simply because I knew I was going to a dinner party and I had not planned out my meals.  On my cheat day last week, I really didn’t cheat so today’s venture was a real eye opener.  You can’t really hide from how your eating, if you are writing down everything you’re putting in your mouth.  Let’s just say my eating habits are really bad if they are not structured like they have been the past two weeks.  Not only did I eat much more than I thought, I didn’t feel good after doing it.  I actually felt horrible.  Going forward, I think my cheat day will be more of a cheat meat meal as opposed to a full day of cheating.  I’m dreading what will happen when I step on the scale in a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment