Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gym Observations


I think I look forward to the Upper Body Workout the most.  Let’s face it.  Whether I like to admit it or not, I am a little vain and I like the thought of having great pecs and bulging biceps.  So it was with great anticipation that I popped up this morning and heading straight to the gym.  No snooze!!!!

It’s funny when I look around the gym I see all these guys with huge chests or arms but then they have pencil thin legs. I’d probably fall prey to this look but by staying on the BFL work out regimen, I’m determined to have a full body transformation.

There are four different gyms that I generally work out at.  That’s because I have a gym membership to one club with multiple locations and I’m still teaching spinning at another club with two locations.  The locations I go to are either close to my house or office and in the past I was going to whichever one was convenient due to my schedule.  The problem with that approach was that I wasn’t regularly committed to any one location so it became easier and easier to just skip the gym.  As a result, unless I really can’t do it, I’m just using one gym and one location for my workouts.  It’s helping me to be more organized, I know where all the equipment is and it’s working out really well.

I’ve also noticed that there is a group of people that work out together every morning.  What’s nice is that they are all in a variety of shapes and sizes and they really encourage each other.  If that’s one thing I wish was that I had someone to encourage me as I work through this journey.  I also like that towards the end of their workouts they all get together and say a group prayer.  I think it’s neat they are giving thanks and it’s very inspirational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment