Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Hate Cheat Days!


OK I’m really beginning to hate the “cheat” day.  I really have no willpower. Today we went out to get dim sum.  Although I tried to watch what I ate it was difficult to fight those urges to keep from stuffing myself.  The restaurant is a really good restaurant where you have to line up an hour early if you want to get the first seating.  Of course I was number 5 in line!

Seated right away I was really excited to see those carts come rolling by.  The first thing that came out was the chinese broccoli.  Not being big on the sauces, this was an easy choice to get (without the brown sauce).  Great start…essentially steamed vegetables!  (It’s really good!) Then came the dumplings, sticky rice, bbq pork pastries and the carts went on and on.

Normally, I would’ve continued to eat until I was sick but at least I was able to curb the thought of trying everything they wheeled by me.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job of watching what I ate but when I got home I googled dim sum calories.  Yikes, oh well. Thank goodness this was a cheat day.  I was almost going to go to the gym and negate some of those calories but I figured not to let it get me down.  I’ll just work hard next week.  Plus at least I ate much less than I would have in the past.

Later on that evening, I went to a friend’s house for dinner.  I ate a couple of chips with spinach dip and guacamole, loaded my dinner plate with a salad and only took a small piece of lasagna.  By then I was full so it was easy to skip all the desserts….. rocky road cake, lemon cake and brownies.  This was the first time I didn’t even want to taste it.  The interesting thing about this dinner party was that a few of the guests were also recording everything they ate.  I should tell you that I’ve been using the Lose It! app to record all the food I’ve eaten. For me it’s a convenient way to make sure I write down my meal.  Turns out my host has been using the same thing and few others where using MyFitnessPal.

Now if only my metabolism would speed up and the pounds would just evaporate off my body.  I know, I’m only finishing Week 3.  Patience is not my virture!

No comments:

Post a Comment