Monday, January 23, 2012

The Adventure Begins....

I was really excited to start the first day. Trying to readjust myself to an early morning workout was my first challenge.  I had every intention of going to bed at a decent hour however with all my prepping…er procrastination, it was almost 2 0’clock when I finally jumped into bed.  Boy that 6:30 alarm came quickly.  Needless to say I was really loving the snooze button.  It had become my new best friend.  Fortunately, I did come to my senses, dragged myself out of bed and managed to get out of the by 7:20.  Not quite the gym by 7:30 goal I set for myself but I made it.

Since I have done the challenge before and have flirted with the routines off and on for the last 10 years, I knew what to expect from my workout.  Clearly I’m not lifting as heavy as I was back then but surely I thought it wouldn’t be too bad.  Once I got going I find myself in a good routine.  My only distraction was looking at myself in the mirror.  How did I let myself get heavy again and why were all the muscular fit people working out while I was there?  Surely there must be a secret section for us fatties to workout in peace!  But I’m not quitting and besides, it’s only day 1.

It was a pretty good workout.  There were places where I could push myself a little more and others that I thought I wouldn’t have a problem with.  WRONG!  Let me tell you if you haven’t done pull-ups in a while, they’re not as easy as they once were!  And to it all off, I finished off my workout with a visit to the bane of my existence….. the scale. YIKES!  I could just hear the scale groan as I hoisted myself on the machine not eager to see the results.  Just like my Before pics, I’m waiting to share them.  It’d be nice to see a little progress first.

At least I was happy with my nutrition today.  I haven’t had time to go shopping to really prepare my meals but I think I did a fairly decent job today.  Myoplex Lite right after my workout and some Betagen. (I’ve grown to like that drink) Oatmeal for a midmorning snack.  Subway 6” Turkey sandwich for lunch. But uh oh I was almost derailed!  When you working in an office and have made a commitment to be good there seems to be food everywhere.  Today we had an office meeting and of course they had one of my weaknesses: chocolate chip cookies!!!!!  To make matters worse, they were actually brought in especially for me.  But I perservered and only had a little fruit.  Stayed on track for dinner too and even drank lots of water.  All in all, it was a good day. 1 down, 89 to go.

Now I just have to see if I wake up sore tomorrow.  Hah!  It’ll be just in time for my cardio.  Treadmill hell!  

No comments:

Post a Comment