Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 2 - Hit the Treadmill


I can’t believe it’s only Day 2. Ugh!  I have 11 more weeks and 5 days of this?  What did I get myself into? Up at the crack of dawn to get on the treadmill.  I have to admit it wasn’t as horrible as I thought it would be.  As I began my run, I decided that my beginning level was much too easy so I cracked the pace up, popped on my headphones and made it through the entire twenty minutes!  Each minute, I added 1 to the speed level and by the last minute I was able to crank it up by 2. I felt a tremendous sense of accomplishment especially because I ran the entire time and didn’t stop. Yea!!!!! My excitement was somewhat muted as I looked around the gym and saw all the well-tone muscle gods who make every workout look effortless yet don’t seem to sweat. Where do these guys come from?

Took a quick stretched, showered, downed a Myoplex shake and headed to work.  Why am I doing this?  That’s the question that’s been bothering me.  I know I can do it; I’ve done it before with awesome results but can I do it again now that I’m older, lazier and crave instant gratification?  12 weeks seems so long.  Well the vain person in me naturally wants to get back to how I used to look.  I don’t look good with a gut! Too see my abs again would be nice.
Shallow I know.  Plus I have some awesome clothes that I would love to fit back into. 

But more than these somewhat superficial wants what I think I just want is to get back to the healthy lifestyle that I’ve let slack.  Is this really only Day 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment