Monday, April 16, 2012

Cardio Can Still Be A Challenge

I wasn’t quite sure what cardio I was going to do for this 4 weeks.  I was worried that if I did the ellipitical I would not get as much benefit as I do on the treadmill or stairmaster so I was hesitant to try.  When I got to the gym, lucky for me I didn’t have to get on it.  All the machines were either broken or occupied.

So I set myself up on my old standard fallback….. the treadmill.  Knowing where I was since my last visit to old faithful, I hopped on and increase my intensity one up from the day before. Wow! I finally reached a pace that I couldn’t maintain.  What was I to do? I couldn’t quit and I needed to complete my 20 minutes.

I decided to alternate the new intense running pace with levels of steep hills.  First cycle run, second cycle hill, third cycle run and fourth hill.  When I got to level 10, I ran at the fastest speed I’ve ever tried.  Let me tell you…that was a killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment